In the sub acute phase (on weeks 3 and 4)
- Stand with legs slightly spread. Hold onto a stable object. Raise your heels, and then put them down on the ground 3x15 times.
- Stand with legs slightly spread. Jog in place for 3 minutes.
- Stand on one limb keeping your arms elevated out to the side. Swing your arms above your head, and then forward and again out to the side.
Swing your arms dynamically. Once you can perform this exercise steadily, do asymmetric arm movements, as shown in the figure.
- Stand on one limb. Slightly bend your healthy knee. Swing your uninjured leg back and forth from the hip for 3x3 seconds, while keeping the other limb stable on the ground.
- Repeat this exercise standing on a thin piece of sponge for 2x20 seconds.
- Try to keep your body in equilibrium for 3x20 seconds, while standing on one limb on a rocking board (slide-board) or on a thicker piece of sponge.
- Walk in the room first on tiptoe, and then on your heels.
intensive stepping (stair climbing)